Mobile testing of apps might not be an easy process to be performed. However, following certain rules helps in easing of the process and allows you to get better results from the whole testing process.
- Testing Strategies: Planning and creating a testing strategy helps in maintaining a rule for all the testers in your organization. This will ensure uniformity of the testing procedure which in turn will make sure that there is optimum test coverage of the device being tested.
- Test on Real Devices: In the early stages of development, mobile testing of the application may be performed with the help of the simulators and emulators. But with the advancement of the development of the software testing needs to be done on real devices to check the reaction of the software in real time and in the hands of the real users who will actually be using the app after it has been launched.
- Test Early & Repeatedly: If you are trying to create an app which is completely bug free, then you will have to start testing the app at an early stage of development when the complexities are low. You will also have to keep testing the app repeatedly in order to prevent accumulations of complexities in the app.
- Operating System and Device Preferences: The current world has a huge number of mobile devices which run on various operating systems. It is impossible to test the app on various types of operating systems. However, you may try to set the preference of devices and operating system to which your app will be primarily catering to.
- Automated Mobile Testing Procedure: When you make the testing procedure an automated one, you ensure that the same test is running with the same accuracy and precision every time which in turn will maintain the fine quality of result obtained as a result of all the mobile testing. This will make sure that you get to work with a reliable report every time.
- Adequate Performance, Stress and Security Testing: If you want to be sure about the robustness of your software then you must put them under considerable amount of performance and stress testing so as to make sure that the system is working fine under various amounts of load. Security testing on the other hand will ensure that the customer’s data is safe and should be performed repeatedly.
- Check Battery Consumption, Fault Tolerance and Interoperability: You are creating an app for a mobile device where the battery consumption is a vital issue. If the app you have created consumes a lot of battery, it is likely to get deleted as no one wants their battery to get drained fast. Your app also needs to adjust itself to networks with slower internet speed and provide the same kind of function.
- Ensure the Global Nature of App: While mobile testing an app, one of the main things which needs to get tested is the globality of your app. Your app should cater the needs of the people all around the world in order to become truly popular to the mass of the customers. Confining your app to a certain locality is basically wastage of time and money.
These are just some of the practices which you can follow to ensure that your mobile testing procedure is a full proof one and will provide you with the best possible results that will help you to rectify the glitches and produce an app which will be accolade by the customers.